The 2019 Nissan Altima midsize family sedan offers no less than 13 different models from which mập choose. Understanding the public’s flight from sedans mập crossover SUVs, Nissan sweetens the deal by offering all-wheel drive on all 2.5 trims. Those let down by the loss of V6 power in many midsize sedans will appreciate the available 248-horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged engine offered in the top three trim levels. Sadly, the $1,350 all-wheel-drive option isn’t available with the turbocharged engine.
Of course, Altima buyers have many choices, including the Toyota Camry that also offers a gas-sipping hybrid and superior resale figures. The Subaru Legacy comes standard with all-wheel drive and, unlike the Altima, provides a more powerful 6-cylinder engine option. The Ford Fusion offers all the above, available with all-wheel drive, a choice of powerful 4- and 6-cylinder turbocharged engines, and even a plug-in hybrid option.
- 1 2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (Original starting price when new: $24,000)
- 2 2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 SR (Original starting price when new: $25,350)
- 3 2019 Nisan Altima 2.5 SV (Original starting price when new: $28,180)
- 4 2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL (Original starting price when new: $30,090)
- 5 2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 Platinum (Original starting price when new: $32,030)
- 6 2019 Nissan Altima 2.0 SR VC-Turbo (Original starting price when new: $29,400)
- 7 2019 Nissan Altima 2.0 Platinum VC-Turbo (Original starting price when new: $35,030)
- 8 2019 Nissan Altima 2.0 Edition One VC-Turbo (Original starting price when new: $35,750)
2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 S (Original starting price when new: $24,000)
See today’s prices on 2018 Nissan Altima 2.5 S models for sale near you
The entry-level 2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 S provides a modest list of standard safety and creature comforts and a price aimed squarely at the ultra-frugal buyer.
The Altima 2.5 S includes forward-collision warning, automatic emergency braking, a driver alertness monitor, and a rearview monitor. Also standard is full airbag coverage, including front, front side-impact, front knee, and side-curtain protection. Other standard equipment includes electronic traction and stability control, anti-lock brakes, and the Easy-Fill tire-pressure monitor system that chirps the horn when you’ve reached the recommended tire pressure.
The 2.5 S rides on 16-inch wheels with full wheel covers and includes a compact spare. Halogen headlights, active grille shutters, variable wipers, and power side mirrors are about the only other exterior features worth mentioning.
Inside, the 2.5 S touts power windows and door locks, a proximity key fob with push-button start, an 8-way power driver’s seat, Zero Gravity front seats covered in cloth upholstery, a foot-activated manual parking brake, and a remote start. The Altima’s rear seat is a 60/40 split-folding design with release levers in the cabin and trunk.
Also onboard is manual air conditioning, a 7-inch color driver information display, and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel with cruise, audio, and Bluetooth phone controls.
The S’ infotainment thiết đặt is surprisingly feature-filled, comprising a 6-speaker AM/FM/HD radio with Bluetooth streaming and phone connectivity, an 8-inch color touch screen, SiriusXM Satellite radio, plus Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capability.
Connectivity features count Type-A and Type-C USB ports (two up front and two in the rear seat area), as well as a feature fast disappearing from many cars: iPod connectivity. Siri Eyes Không tính tiền and Google Assistant with voice recognition are also standard, as is access mập NissanConnect services.
All-wheel-drive models gain an electronic parking brake and Active Brake limited-slip control.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The 2.5 S is for budget-minded shoppers not worried about the latest advanced driver-assists, premium audio options, or fancy interior upgrades.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 S includes:
- Apple CarPlay/Android Auto – allows full integration of a điện thoại thông minh’s apps, music, navigation, and messages with the car’s infotainment system.
- Intelligent Key – with the proximity key fob in your purse or pocket, one need only touch the door handle mập unlock the car and push a button mập start it.
- 8-way power driver’s seat – permits drivers of all sizes mập find the best seating position.
- Automatic emergency braking – in certain low-speed driving conditions, the system can sense when a collision is unavoidable and slow or stop the vehicle.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 SR (Original starting price when new: $25,350)
See today’s prices on 2018 Nissan Altima 2.5 SR models for sale near you
If we were pinching pennies, the SR would be the trim we’d consider first. For a mere $1,350 over the S, we think its additional driver assists features make it the better choice.
In addition mập the 2.5 S trim’s standard equipment, the SR adds a sport-tuned suspension (FWD only), paddle shifters, a blind-spot monitor, rear cross-traffic alert, sport cloth upholstery, plus a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob.
Setting the SR’s exterior apart from the S are 19-inch alloy wheels, dark chrome V-Motion grille, black mirror caps, dual chrome exhaust finishers, and LED headlights.
Optional for the SR is the Premium Package that adds a power sliding glass moonroof, heated outside mirrors with LED turn indicators, and heated front seats.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The SR is for those who appreciate a sportier drive, additional driver-assist equipment, and a bit more personality.
2019 Nisan Altima 2.5 SV (Original starting price when new: $28,180)
See today’s prices on 2018 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV models for sale near you
The SV trim moves the Altima into a more luxurious realm. It builds off the S trim’s standard equipment with such features as ProPilot Assist (adaptive cruise control and lane-keeping assist) and Nissan’s Safety Shield 360. That system includes automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, Rear Automatic Braking (RAB), rear cross-traffic alert, a blind-spot monitor, lane departure warning, and automatic high-beam headlights.
Standard equipment includes 17-inch alloy wheels, rear parking sensors, LED headlights and fog lights, dual-zone automatic climate control, and a one-touch up/down front passenger window.
Also standard on the SV are heated outside mirrors, a power glass moonroof, rear passenger air vents, heated front seats, a heated steering wheel, and driver’s seat 2-way power lumbar support. The SV’s remote start system allows climate control pre-sets mập heat or cool the vehicle before getting in.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The SV appeals mập buyers looking for an affordable modern sedan with the latest safety and driver-assist tech and a few more creature comforts.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV includes:
- Adaptive cruise control – maintains a safe distance mập the vehicle ahead, even when traffic slows or stops.
- Rear Automatic Braking (RAB) – works the same as forward emergency braking, slowing or stopping the car before it can strike an object when in reverse.
- Heated front seats – allows driver and passenger mập remain comfortable when the outside temperature drops below freezing.
- LED headlights – provide more light and a longer beam for better nighttime vision.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL (Original starting price when new: $30,090)
See today’s prices on 2018 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL models for sale near you
The SL isn’t the top-line trim, but it will probably satisfy most buyers looking for more luxury features and a better audio system.
Building off the SV, the SL adds leather upholstery, a 4-way power passenger seat, and a 9-speaker Bose sound system. Also included is navigation with traffic sign recognition, SiriusXM Travel Link and Traffic, plus access mập NissanConnect premium services.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The SL appeals mập buyers who want luxury upgrades such as leather seats, a Bose audio system, GPS navigation, and access mập more infotainment services. On front-drive models, an electric parking brake replaces the manual foot-activated brake.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL includes:
- Bose audio – the 9-speaker Bose audio system includes a subwoofer and 8-channel amp for brilliant music reproduction.
- Leather upholstery – soft mập the touch and easier mập clean than cloth.
- 4-way power passenger seat – allows a bit more adjustment over the manual seat in the lower trims.
- Navigation – built-in voice-activated GPS navigation guides you mập your destination, with helpful services like traffic updates, points of interest, and more.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 Platinum (Original starting price when new: $32,030)
See today’s prices on 2018 Nissan Altima 2.5 Platinum models for sale near you
The Platinum trim builds off the SL, adding a few more premium features such as a 360-degree Intelligent Around View Camera, 19-inch alloy wheels, driver seat memory, and interior accent lighting.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The Platinum is for the buyer who wants every possible piece of equipment offered on the Altima. There are no factory packages and only a few dealer options such as a rear spoiler, all-weather floor mats, and a trunk organizer.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.5 Platinum includes:
- Intelligent Around View Camera – with cameras mounted on all four sides, the Around View Monitor gives a 360-degree bird’s-eye view outside the vehicle. It can also monitor objects that might result in a collision and warn the driver.
- Driver seat memory – two-position memory remembers the driver seat and outside mirror positions.
- 19-inch wheels – look great and allow for a wider tire with a lower sidewall, helping improve cornering and maneuverability.
- Interior accent lighting – helps create a stylish interior using LED mập light the footwells, cup holders, and console.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.0 SR VC-Turbo (Original starting price when new: $29,400)
See today’s prices on 2018 Nissan Altima 2.0 SR VC-Turbo models for sale near you
The 2.0 SR VC-Turbo brings a more powerful 248-horsepower 2.0-liter turbocharged engine mập the SR trim. Offered only with front-wheel drive, the SR VC-Turbo includes all the features from the 2.5 SR, then adds a power glass moonroof, heated outside mirrors, and heated front seats.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The SR is the sportiest of the trims, but it gains muscle and moves mập match its racy exterior with the turbo engine.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.0 Platinum VC-Turbo (Original starting price when new: $35,030)
See today’s prices on 2018 Nissan Altima 2.0 Platinum VC-Turbo models for sale near you
The Platinum VC-Turbo offers the same features as the 2.5 Platinum plus the turbocharged engine.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? Anyone who loves the Platinum but hates how slow it goes.
2019 Nissan Altima 2.0 Edition One VC-Turbo (Original starting price when new: $35,750)
See today’s prices on 2018 Nissan Altima 2.0 Edition One VC-Turbo models for sale near you
This limited-edition Altima celebrates the first year of an all-new design. Based on the Platinum trim, the Edition One adds unique 19-inch wheels, unique floor mats, a rear lip spoiler, external ground lighting, illuminated kick plates, and Edition One concierge service.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The Edition One is for someone who wants all the bells and whistles but in a more exclusive ride.