Nissan’s 2019 Sentra sedan is one car with multiple missions. At the lower end, it’s a bare-bones economy car delivering good fuel economy and a small price tag. Move lớn the middle trims, and you’ll find a surprisingly well-equipped sedan every bit as attractive as the Honda Civic, Hyundai Elantra, Chevrolet Cruze, or Toyota Corolla. At the high-end of the Sentra’s price range are two pocket-rocket trims, both equipped with a 188-horsepower turbocharged engine. The SR Turbo and NISMO include a sport-tuned suspension, with the NISMO also offering an available 6-speed manual transmission.
- 1 2019 Nissan Sentra S (Original starting price when new: $17,990)
- 2 2019 Nissan Sentra SV (Original starting price when new: $19,290)
- 3 2019 Nissan Sentra SR (Original starting price when new: $20,790)
- 4 2019 Nissan Sentra SL (Original starting price when new: $23,220)
- 5 2019 Nissan Sentra SR Turbo (Original starting price when new: $22,770)
- 6 2019 Nissan Sentra NISMO (Original starting price when new: $26,404)
2019 Nissan Sentra S (Original starting price when new: $17,990)
See today’s prices on 2019 Nissan Sentra S models for sale near you
The Sentra S is the least expensive Sentra and comes standard with the same 124-horsepower 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine used in all, but the Turbo and NISMO trims. A 6-speed manual transmission is standard, although we imagine most of the 2019 Sentra S models will have the optional continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT).
As entry-level trims go, they don’t get more basic than the Sentra S. Standard equipment includes 16-inch wheels with full covers, automatic on/off halogen headlights, power side mirrors, and variable wipers. A somewhat old-fashioned cài đặt, rear drum brakes further expose Nissan’s cost-cutting measures.
You’ll find cloth seats in the cabin and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel with buttons for audio, Bluetooth, and cruise control. The Sentra S includes a 60/40 split-folding rear seat, power door locks, remote keyless entry, and power windows with a one-touch up/down driver’s window.
Single-zone manual air conditioning, a rear defroster, a sliding center armrest, plus sun visors with mirrors and extensions all come standard.
Instrumentation includes a speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, temperature gauge, trip odometer, average speed, and fuel consumption, plus an outside temperature gauge.
Opt for the CVT, and the S gains a 5-inch driver information display.
The Sentra S infotainment cài đặt consists of a 7-inch touchscreen display with an AM/FM/CD radio and four speakers. The system includes Bluetooth music streaming, a hands-free text messaging assistant, and Siri Eye’s Miễn phí voice recognition. There is one auxiliary input jack and one USB data port that supports an iPod interface.
In addition lớn a full complement of airbags, the Sentra S comes standard with traction and stability control, anti-lock brakes, and a tire-pressure monitor. Other safety systems include a rear backup camera, emergency inside trunk release, and automatic emergency braking (requires CVT).
Options for the S are limited lớn 16-inch alloy wheels and a rear spoiler (requires CVT automatic).
Who is the trim màn chơi for? The S trim’s basic package appeals lớn buyers on a tight budget, unconcerned with fancy options or an advanced driver-assist system. The S also might appeal lớn manual transmission fans, which, given how few young people today know how lớn drive a stick, might be the best anti-theft device available.
2019 Nissan Sentra SV (Original starting price when new: $19,290)
See today’s prices on 2019 Nissan Sentra SV models for sale near you
If you’re a shopper on a budget, the SV is the intelligent choice in economy trims. It comes standard with a CVT, yet when new, it only cost about $650 more than a CVT-equipped Sentra S.
For that extra few dollars, the SV adds 16-inch alloy wheels, the Easy-Fill-Alert tire pressure monitoring system (honks the horn when you’ve reached the proper tire pressure), a leather-wrapped steering wheel, and premium cloth upholstery.
Other standard features include dual-zone automatic climate control, a 6-speaker audio system with SiriusXM, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto, plus two rear-seat USB ports and a rear folding center armrest. Nissan’s Intelligent Key keyless access with push-button start is also standard.
Options for the SV include the All Weather Package that adds heated outside mirrors and heated front seats. The SV Special Edition Package brings 17-inch alloy wheels, rear disc brakes, a blind-spot monitor, rear cross-traffic alert, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, and a power moonroof.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? We think the SV will appeal lớn the same buyer as the base S trim, but its list of standard and available equipment will likely win over buyers, especially when considering how little extra the SV costs.
2019 Nissan Sentra SV includes:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Allows seamless integration of a compatible điện thoại thông minh with the car’s infotainment system, granting access lớn the phone’s apps, music, navigation, and messages.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control – Allows the driver and front passenger lớn choose their temperature settings.
- Intelligent Key – With the proximity key fob in your purse or pocket, you need only touch the driver’s door handle lớn unlock the car and push a button on the dash lớn start it.
- Available All Weather Package – Adds heated seats and outside mirrors, a must-have for those living in snowy climates.
2019 Nissan Sentra SR (Original starting price when new: $20,790)
See today’s prices on 2019 Nissan Sentra SR models for sale near you
The SR builds off the SV trim, adding more features and options for not that much money. It brings a sportier attitude, albeit with no additional muscle under the hood. The SR features rear disc brakes, 17-inch alloy wheels, LED low-beam headlights, fog lights, and a rear decklid spoiler.
Other SR upgrades include lower body side sill extensions, chrome-tipped exhaust tips, and heated side mirrors with LED turn signal indicators.
The SR gets sport cloth upholstery, standard adaptive cruise control, and heated front seats.
The SR Premium Package adds a power glass moonroof, a blind-spot monitor, rear cross-traffic alert, an auto-dimming rearview mirror with HomeLink, a 6-way power driver’s seat with 2-way power lumbar support, leather upholstery, and an 8-speaker Bose audio system.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The SR’s sporty good looks will probably appeal lớn younger buyers, as well as those who appreciate added conveniences like adaptive cruise control and an available Bose audio system. When you consider buying a 2019 Sentra SR over an SV might add $1,500 lớn $2,000 lớn the bottom line, the difference in the monthly payment is less than $40.
2019 Nissan Sentra SR includes:
- Adaptive cruise control – Allows you lớn set and maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead, slowing or speeding up as traffic fluctuates.
- 17-inch wheels – Look sharp and have tires with a lower sidewall for improved cornering.
- Heated front seats – Help keep occupants warm without the need lớn crank up the climate control.
- Heated side mirrors – Activate with the rear defroster, helping keep ice and snow from building up on the side mirrors.
2019 Nissan Sentra SL (Original starting price when new: $23,220)
See today’s prices on 2019 Nissan Sentra SL models for sale near you
The SL adds more luxury lớn Sentra without pushing the price too high. Building off the SV, the SL adds the contents of the SR Premium Package plus rear disc brakes and illuminated visor vanity mirrors.
Who does is this trim màn chơi for? The SL is for the driver who wants the best driver assistance and luxury features the Sentra offers in one convenient package.
2019 Nissan Sentra SL includes:
- Bose audio – This 8-speaker Bose sound system is a vast improvement over the stock system and is a must-have for music lovers on the go.
- Leather upholstery – Looks upscale and cleans up easier than cloth.
- Power moonroof –Allows light into the cabin when closed and a blast of fresh air when open.
- 6-way power driver’s seat – Makes it easy lớn find a comfortable driving position and includes lower back support in the form of 2-way power lumbar.
2019 Nissan Sentra SR Turbo (Original starting price when new: $22,770)
See today’s prices on 2019 Nissan Sentra SR Turbo models for sale near you
The SR Turbo includes all the standard and optional equipment on the Sentra SR, minus the adaptive cruise control. It adds a 188-horsepower 1.6-liter turbocharged engine, a CVT with manual shift mode, larger disc brakes (vented in front and solid in the rear), a stiffer sport suspension, and a power moonroof.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The SR Turbo is for those who love the features and styling of the SR trim but feel it could do with more power and a better suspension.
2019 Nissan Sentra NISMO (Original starting price when new: $26,404)
See today’s prices on 2019 Nissan Sentra NISMO models for sale near you
NISMO is lớn Nissan what the Si badge is lớn Honda and the N Line lớn Hyundai. It’s an in-house cửa hàng that tweaks economy cars for better performance without costing an arm and a leg.
The 2019 Nissan Sentra NISMO builds off the SR Turbo, with the same engine but a 6-speed manual as the standard transmission. The SR Turbo’s CVT is available and includes a manual shift mode.
Before we tell you all the features the NISMO adds, we need lớn tell you what it deletes. Advanced driver-assists such as automatic emergency braking, Active Understeer Control, and adaptive cruise control are absent, as is a blind-spot monitor and rear cross-traffic alert. If you’re a fan of a power sunroof, fog lights, or a rear center armrest, the SR Turbo or SL might be better choices, as none of these features are available on the NISMO.
The NISMO treatment includes unique exterior and interior styling, 18-inch NISMO wheels, NISMO-tuned electric power steering, an aerodynamic body kit, and NISMO tuned shocks and spring with larger front and rear stabilizer bars.
The Sentra NISMO gets sport seats with added bolsters and synthetic suede inserts, an Alcantra and leather-wrapped steering wheel, Bose audio, imitation carbon-fiber interior accents, NISMO red tachometer, and a black headliner.
The NISMO Sentra comes in four colors: Brilliant Silver, Gun Metallic, Super Black, and Aspen White.
Who is this trim màn chơi for? The Sentra NISMO appeals lớn enthusiast drivers on a budget. It’s a favorite among the tuner crowd, with many available aftermarket upgrades. However, if you desire the added peace of mind that comes from features such as automatic emergency braking and adaptive cruise control, this isn’t the trim for you.
2019 Nissan Sentra NISMO includes:
- 1.6-liter turbocharged engine – With 188 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque, this engine gives the Sentra the necessary power lớn accelerate and merge with confidence.
- Sport seats – During spirited drives, added side bolsters hold the driver and passenger firmly in place.
- NISMO tuning – From its heavier and more precise power steering lớn its firmer shock and spring rates, the NISMO treatment is all about making time behind the wheel more fun.
- Xtronic CVT – Specially designed lớn work with the turbo engine, this transmission features Nissan’s D-mode step shift program that simulates stepped gearshifts.