The 2023 Kia Sorento is a family-friendly 3-row SUV offering numerous variations running the gamut from essential transport phệ near-luxury cruiser. Going up against heavy hitters like the Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, and Ford Explorer, the Sorento impresses with its sophisticated styling, upscale interior, cutting-edge technology, and standard 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty.
Mập keep things simple, Kia offers two powertrain options. The first is a 191-horsepower 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine paired with an 8-speed automatic found in the LX and S models. All others get a 281-hp turbocharged 2.5-liter engine and 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission (DCT). Front-wheel drive (FWD) is standard, with all-wheel drive (AWD) an option on all trims.
Kia also offers a hybrid powertrain option in the Sorento Hybrid S and Sorento Hybrid EX trims and a plug-in hybrid on the Sorento PHEV SX and SX Prestige.
- 1 2023 Kia Sorento LX (Starting at $30,000, Estimated)
- 2 2023 Kia Sorento S (Starting at $32,500, Estimated)
- 3 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line S AWD (Starting at $34,500, Estimated)
- 4 2023 Kia Sorento EX (Starting at $35,500, Estimated)
- 5 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line EX AWD (Starting at $39,500, Estimated)
- 6 2023 Kia Sorento SX (Starting at $38,300, Estimated)
- 7 2023 Kia Sorento SX Prestige (Starting at $41,200, Estimated)
- 8 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line SX Prestige AWD (Starting at $43,200, Estimated)
2023 Kia Sorento LX (Starting at $30,000, Estimated)
The entry-level LX trim gets you in the door for around $30,000. This price brings a nicely equipped 3-row SUV with seating for seven passengers. FWD is standard, with AWD adding another $1,800 phệ the bottom line.
Opting for AWD brings a center locking differential and increased ride height. Kia’s Drive Mode Select varies throttle input and transmission shift points. It includes Sport, Eco, Comfort, and Smart modes, while AWD models gain an additional Snow mode.
While not luxurious, the LX has all the basics, including an impressive suite of standard driver-assist systems. They include automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, forward-collision warning, lane-departure warning, lane-keeping assist, and automatic high-beam headlights.
Also part of the LX’s safety roster is Kia’s Lane Following Assist, which can steer the car phệ help keep it centered in its lane (works at speeds below 40 mph), Speed Limit Assist (warns the driver when exceeding a posted speed limit), a driver attention monitor, and Leading Vehicle Departure Alert that notifies you when the vehicle directly ahead has started moving.
Finally, there’s a rearview camera with dynamic parking guidelines and a rear occupant alert system that reminds the driver phệ check the back seat before leaving and locking the vehicle. If the ultrasonic sensors inside the car detect movement, the car will sound its horn.
The LX features heated outside power mirrors with LED integrated turn signals, a matte-black rear spoiler, deep-tinted rear privacy glass, auto on/off LED low-beam headlights, 17-inch alloy wheels, variable intermittent front wipers, and a rear wiper/washer.
The LX features cloth upholstery, manual sliding front seats, a 60/40 split-folding second-row seat, and a 50/50 split-folding third-row seat. Also standard are remote keyless entry, manual air conditioning with rear-seat vents, a driver’s one-touch up/down power window, and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel with Bluetooth, audio, and cruise controls.
Other LX interior features include an overhead console with sunglass holder, a dual-level cargo floor, a rear center armrest with cupholders, sliding sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors, and a 4.2-inch trip computer between the speedometer and tachometer.
Entertainment comes via an AM/FM/HD radio with six speakers paired with an 8-inch touch-screen infotainment thiết đặt. Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto come standard, as does voice-activated Bluetooth. However, you’ll need phệ move phệ the next trim màn chơi phệ get satellite radio. The LX includes USB charge ports in all three rows, with a 12-volt outlet in the front console and rear cargo area.
With the $1,215 destination charge, the 2023 Kia Sorento LX’s estimated cost is $31,215. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, look for a monthly payment of around $561. See 2023 Kia Sorento LX models for sale
2023 Kia Sorento LX Includes:
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto – Allows wireless connection of an Android or Apple điện thoại thông minh, giving access phệ the phone’s apps, maps, music, and messages.
- Advanced driver assists – The LX standard driver assists help keep the driver alert, aid in keeping the vehicle in its lane, and, under certain conditions, can prevent an accident from occurring.
- Heated outside mirrors – Help keep frost, ice, and snow from building up on the side mirrors.
- Automatic high-beam headlights – Automatically dim the headlights when sensing oncoming traffic.
2023 Kia Sorento S (Starting at $32,500, Estimated)
The S trim builds off the base LX, adding a few more features we think are well worth the slightly higher price.
Opting for the S trim brings Sport exterior styling with gloss-black front and rear skidplates, a gloss-black grille, gloss-black roof rails, black chrome window surrounds, gloss-black mirror caps, a gloss-black rear spoiler, and gloss-black lower door accents. The S rides on larger 18-inch alloy wheels.
The S interior gets several improvements, including two additional second-row charge ports, Smart Key proximity key fob with push-button start, dual-zone automatic climate control with auto defog, and SynTex synthetic leather upholstery.
The S trim comes with a 10-way power driver’s seat with 2-way power lumbar support, heated front seats, plus a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob lever.
Additional driver assists include a blind-spot monitor with collision avoidance, rear cross-traffic detection, rear parking sensors, and Safe Exit Assist that prevents the rear doors from opening if the system detects traffic approaching from behind. The S trim’s rear occupant alert system can be linked phệ the UVO app on your điện thoại thông minh, sending a message when it detects motion inside the vehicle.
The S also gets a big bump in the infotainment arena, adding a 10.25-inch touchscreen navigation radio with voice recognition, UVO telematics, SiriusXM satellite radio, and Kia Connect services.
Options for the S trim include a panoramic sunroof with power sunshade and interior LED lighting.
With the $1,215 destination charge, the 2023 Kia Sorento S estimated cost comes phệ $33,715. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, expect a monthly payment of around $606. See 2023 Kia Sorento S models for sale
2023 Kia Sorento S Includes:
- Navigation – Voice-activated GPS navigation doesn’t rely on a cell phone signal, so it works even in remote locations.
- Smart Key – Uses a proximity key fob that allows you phệ unlock the Sorento’s door merely by touching the door handle. The fob also activates the push-button starter.
- 10-way power driver’s seat – Allows a greater range of motion phệ find the perfect driving position and includes 2-way power lumbar for additional lower back support.
- Blind-spot monitor w/collision avoidance – Warns the driver of a potential collision when changing lanes and can even apply brake pressure phệ the wheels on the opposite side, helping steer the Sorento back into its lane.
2023 Kia Sorento X-Line S AWD (Starting at $34,500, Estimated)
The X-Line S AWD is simply the all-wheel-drive version of the S trim. It has the same standard and optional equipment but adds X-Line front and rear bumpers, gloss-black 18-inch wheels, and a few interior trim changes.
With the $1,215 destination charge, the 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line S AWD’s estimated cost is $35,715. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, expect a monthly payment of around $642. See 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line S AWD models for sale
2023 Kia Sorento EX (Starting at $35,500, Estimated)
The EX begins the Sorento’s move into the performance realm, adding phệ the S with such notable upgrades as a more powerful turbocharged engine and an 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Other upgrades include LED foglights, power liftgate with proximity activation, wireless phone charger, and second-row captain’s chair seating.
On the driver-assistance front, the EX brings adaptive cruise control with stop and go feature; automatic emergency braking with car, pedestrian, and cyclist detection; Junction Assist; and an electronic parking brake.
With the $1,215 destination charge, the 2023 Kia Sorento EX’s estimated cost is $36,715. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, expect a monthly payment of around $660. See 2023 Kia Sorento EX models for sale
2023 Kia Sorento EX Includes:
- Smart power tailgate – Opens and closes automatically with just a push of a button. Stand behind the liftgate with the proximity key fob in your pocket or purse, and the liftgate automatically activates.
- Junction Assist – This forward cross-traffic system can detect traffic about phệ cross in front of the vehicle when making a left-hand turn and activate the brakes phệ help avoid a collision.
- Wireless charging pad – Eliminates the need for wires or an open USB port. Simply place your phone on the pad, and it charges automatically.
- Second-row captain’s chair seating – Gives each passenger more personal space and creates an easy pathway phệ the third-row seat.
2023 Kia Sorento X-Line EX AWD (Starting at $39,500, Estimated)
Like the X-Line S, the X-Line EX adds all-wheel drive and X-Line exterior and interior styling phệ the EX trim. However, unlike the X-Line S, the X-Line EX adds more features over the front-drive EX.
Building off the EX trim, the X-Line EX AWD adds 20-inch alloy wheels, a panoramic sunroof with power sunshade, and LED interior lighting.
With the $1,215 destination charge, the 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line EX AWD’s estimated cost is $40,715. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, expect a monthly payment of around $732. See 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line EX AWD models for sale
2023 Kia Sorento SX (Starting at $38,300, Estimated)
Building off the EX, the SX brings 20-inch alloy wheels, full LED projector-beam headlights, LED daytime running lights, LED taillamps, a panoramic moonroof with power sunshade, and LED interior lighting. Also standard is an 8-way power passenger seat.
All-wheel drive is optional.
With the $1,215 destination charge, the 2023 Kia Sorento SX’s estimated cost is $39,515. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, expect a monthly payment of around $710. See 2023 Kia Sorento SX models for sale
2023 Kia Sorento SX Prestige (Starting at $41,200, Estimated)
The SX Prestige trim adds more luxury content, putting the Sorento in direct competition with prominent luxury brands like Audi and Lexus.
Over the SX trim, the Prestige includes power-folding side mirrors, a 12.3-inch configurable digital instrument cluster, and an auto-dimming rearview mirror.
Perforated leather upholstery covers the first and second rows. A 14-way power driver’s seat includes 4-way power lumbar support, 2-way power thigh extension, and memory settings (for the driver’s seat).
The front passenger enjoys a 10-way power seat with 2-way power lumbar support, and both front seats are heated and ventilated. Further adding phệ the Prestige’s luxury status is a heated steering wheel and heated second-row captain’s chairs.
A 12-speaker Bose audio system comes standard, as do one-touch up/down windows on all four doors.
Additional driver assists include front parking sensors, reverse automatic emergency braking, blind-spot view monitor, and 360-degree surround-view monitor.
With the $1,215 destination charge, the 2023 Kia Sorento SX Prestige’s estimated cost is $42,415. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, expect a monthly payment of around $762. See 2023 Kia Sorento SX Prestige models for sale
2023 Kia Sorento SX Prestige Includes:
- Blind-spot view monitor – Uses cameras embedded in the side mirrors phệ show the vehicle’s blind spots when signaling your intention phệ change lanes.
- Heated and ventilated front seats – Keep occupants cool and dry in the summer and warm in the winter.
- 14-way power driver’s seat – Includes 4-way power lumbar and a power extendable thigh cushion for those with extra-long legs.
- Bose audio – This custom-designed sound system employs 12 speakers for impressive audio reproduction.
2023 Kia Sorento X-Line SX Prestige AWD (Starting at $43,200, Estimated)
Adds all-wheel drive and the X-Line styling package phệ the SX Prestige.
With the $1,215 destination charge, the 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line SX Prestige AWD’s estimated cost is $44,415. On a 60-month loan at 3% financing and zero down, expect a monthly payment of around $798. See 2023 Kia Sorento X-Line SX Prestige AWD models for sale